Recent Twitter Updates

follow me on Twitter

Saturday, January 29, 2005

Beer Saves The Day

Read this almost unbelievable story from wired.com:

Saved By the Beer

When in doubt, crack open a cold one. A Slovak man, trapped in his car under an avalanche, did just that. He couldn't dig his way out, since the snow would just fill the vehicle before he could reach the surface. But Richard Kral realized if he drank all 60 half-liter bottles of beer he had with him, he could melt the snow with his own urine. It worked, and four days later rescue teams found a drunken Kral staggering around the Slovak Tatra mountains. "It was hard and now my kidneys and liver hurt," said Kral. "But I'm glad the beer I took on holiday turned out to be useful and I managed to get out of there."

-- Jenny McKeel
Just don't eat the yellow snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment