Recent Twitter Updates

follow me on Twitter

Friday, February 6, 2009

sup eddie

Sup man,

It's getting to be a year since you passed away. I was fucking around at work today and looking for this Fleetwood Mac song that was in my head all day. I didn't find it, but I did find this older video of Fleetwood Mac from way back in the day - around the same time that Santana used to open up for them. Santana, Fleetwood Mac, Grateful Dead, all them, they all used to jam out in the San Francisco Bay Area in the late 1960s. But you already knew that.



This song reminds me of something that we could've jammed out to man. It's got not one, not two, but THREE guitars. The first two guys are playing this sweet-ass harmony, so fucking beautiful man I am getting tears in my eyes just listening to it. So fucking sweet man you could play this for any girl and she would fall in love you. Any girl.

Fucking miss you, man. Man if only we could just sit together for a few more jams. i could play you this Fleetwood Mac song and you would learn it in no time, drums are kinda boring man but I'm telling you the guitar harmony is soooo beautiful that you won't mind at all laying down that simple beat. It will be me and Jon just harmonizing on the melody, just fucking playing those notes for hours and hours, trading solos like we used to do. I'll even call up Deandre and have him work the slide guitar. We'll piss off Matt by making him play the simple-ass bass line and then we can joke about it later.

We'll just keep jamming man, just like in your garage or in your basement. We won't stop we'll just keep jamming, round and round, solo after solo just float that shit man. We'll keep playing so long we will outlast time itself, the world will stop spinning maybe we'll start floating but we'll still have our instruments. No gravity, no heaviness. No hard feelings, no broken promises, nowhere to depart. No death, no disease, no loss, no suffering. Just the joy of the music, the innocence of getting lost together for hours. Just the old band, man. Just jamming away forever and ever.

Marty

No comments:

Post a Comment