Recent Twitter Updates

follow me on Twitter

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pillow Talk

My wife and I were up late in bed last night, having pillow talk. For some reason I decided to profess my recent infatuation interest in Mexican pop singer Julieta Venegas. Besides highlighting her sultry voice and demure stage presence, I might've innocently tried to say something like I would tap that...



"You have crushes on everybody," she said, hiding her amusement. "Like who?" I said. "Well there's her ... there's Jessica Alba..." I interrupted and pointed out that while I may have dribbled on myself when her Leno promo came on TV that night, any person slightly attracted to a woman has had or currently has a "crush" on Jessica Alba. It's not my fault she's so hot, I wanted to plead, it's society's fault. I'm just the victim of society.

"Besides," I said, "You have celebrity crushes of your own."

I brought up the scenario a few nights ago when she had Dancing with the Stars on the television. It was time for some tall European with an accent to dance with his partner. He was impossibly chiseled and, of course, wearing a loosely buttoned shirt. "Take your shirt off!" she said just as casually as possible. I didn't say anything at the time but was sure to bring this up during our lively conversation. "I only did that for your reaction," she chuckled. Touché.

"Well," I said, "since I have so many celebrity crushes, who else do you have a crush on?" She thought about it for a second a said "Bono." Bono. Of course, Bono. "He's going to cure AIDS." An infatuation with Bono, like with Jessica Alba, is public domain - belonging to no one in particular and everyone all at once.

"Then there's Christian Bale," she continued. "Christian Bale? Are you kidding me?" I shrieked. "Did you see him take that chainsaw to the prostitute in American Psycho!?" "He's not like that in real life," she responded. I mentioned his documented tendency towards rage and wondered if he was even acting in American Psycho.

We laid there joking and teasing each other for the next few minutes. It was just what we needed to reconnect. She has been working so hard on her teaching internship and finishing up her Master's thesis and I can't begin to imagine the sort of stress that she handles everyday.

I was glad to break the ice with some pillow talk. We became intimate again. An intimacy far beyond any sexual implications. This was the intimacy of two children laughing and playing and tickling and teasing and kicking each others feet. This is why people get married. This is why they stay together forever.

1 comment:

  1. In all seriousness, I'd say Ivette looks a lot like Ms. Venegas...
    -Alexis

    ReplyDelete